I was looking at a rather nice blog written by a rather nice girl but who was living in Florida despite being born in New England and who, from the sound of it, had some connection with California. After years of moving around myself I have come to the conclusion that I would have rather stayed in the area where I was born. Of course, you could argue that if I hadn't moved around then I wouldn't know that staying put was best. You may be right but as I get older, 55 now and counting, I find myself yearning for the company of "my own kind". Since I've lived in London for most of my life I wonder where my own kind are? But I know; it's the land of Geordies. That's right, Newcastle. Ever since the gloss of London wore off about 30 years ago I've hated living here. Unfortunately I had to stay because of my job and family. Now I could move back but am frightened because it's been so long since I lived there. Am I still a Geordie?

Comments

Popular Posts