While thinking about the past I started to think about the 5 best songs I've heard. It's so tough as to be almost impossible but I've done my best. Because of my age they're all from my youth but what do you expect?
  1. The greatest song has to be Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Chile (With Slight Return)". At first I thought he's wrote a song about seriously hot Chilli and spelt it wrong. How was a Geordie to know that's how he pronounced child?
  2. Next is the amazing Johnny Winter's "Be Careful With A Fool". A guitar genius doing what comes naturally. I once saw him live and actually witnessed him have a long conversation with a roady about a broken microphone. The odd thing was that he was in the middle of a long, incredibly complicated guitar solo while he had it!
  3. Not to forget the Brits I now have Tony McPhee's Groundhogs and "Split: Part Two". The album was apparently written largely following him splitting up with his woman. It's said that felt as if he was going mad. I've never asked him so I really don't know however this is where the album title came from, i.e. SPLIT. After listening to I realised where headbanger music came from!
  4. My next choice is controversial being "Let's Spend The Night Together" by Muddy Waters. It so much better than the original Stones version (which was great as it happens). At the time Blues people thought it was disgraceful that Muddy Waters had done a cover version of a White, Rhythm 'n' Blues band's song. And then to add insult to injury he had an "Eighties" Rock production added.
  5. Finally the Beatles and "Strawberry Fields Forever". What amazed me, at the time, was that the lyrics were totally representative of how I thought when taking LSD
Now I've finished I can think of 5 more greatest songs ever! Que Vida!

Comments

Popular Posts